What is ThunderKids?
The ThunderCat Racing partnership will look to promote social development through sports and cultural activities; by show casing local clubs and organisations giving core access to education, training and employment opportunities. At the same time building young peoples personal skills, anti bullying, team & character building whilst they enjoy and develop an active healthy lifestyle within a safe community environment.
• 8 – 16 year old youth scheme
• Part of the ThunderKids inclusion program.
• Promoting an active healthy lifestyle
• On and off the water educational campaign giving opportunities for the kids to gain awards
• Establishing community links at venues
• Involving local youth clubs, schools & disadvantage young people
• Fun on and off the water
• Promote healthy living and an active outdoor lifestyle
• ThunderKids will be able to progress with experience and compete in the RYA National Honda Rib Youth Challenge and UIM World Formula Future
• Create not only a sports progression but also provide the foundation for career opportunities in the Maine Industry and other public sectors
Our educational partnership with Microlink PC Ltd (specialising in assisted technology for the disadvantaged) will assist our young people with special needs, enabling them to participate in team and individual quests.